When placing your monogram order, please provide us with the exact information in the text box. If your name is Jennifer Anne Smith, please provide the initials as JAS. We will place the initials accordingly into the monogram style you have selected. In traditional monogram styles, the largest letter is the last name.
When typing a name or a phrase please provide the upper and lower case capitalization as you would like it shown on your monogrammed item. Make sure that the letters you want in capital lettering are typed that way, and the same goes for lower case. If you want text divided into two lines, please indicate so with a /.
For example: Elizabeth Dorn/ July 15, 2005
Some tips to help you decide your monogram style:
- Monograms for women: The last initial goes in the middle, and is larger than the other two.
- Monograms for men: All letters are the same size and the order is first, middle, last initial.
- If you're doing a monogram, go with the legal name. Don’t use a nickname unless you are only monogramming the nickname as a first name on the item.
- As an alternative to the three-letter initial, try a single letter with two dots on each side or the single initial with square border.
- Some initials don't always look good in a monogram or as the first letter like I, K, and L. Instead, consider running the initials straight across, or use the last name. If you are concerned about the initials please call us.
- Gifts for Newlyweds: Traditionally, the monogram consists only of the woman's initials, with her new last-name initial in the middle, larger. But of course you could use his and her first initials and their last initial in the middle.
- Do something fun like putting an address on a guest towel or monogram a cosmetic bag with Mrs. Pitt and est. 2005 underneath (established 2005) for a bridal gift.
STYLE : See the chart below for most classic lettering options.
PLACEMENT : We will select the placement that best fits your product unless otherwise indicated.
COLOR : We have many colors to choose from, but if you desire a color that you don't see listed, give us a call.
Any questions regarding how to place your order, please call 1.800.945.7535